Cisco CCENT passed!

Been on the agenda for some time this year I decided I wanted to back up my knowledge with some certs so first off decided I'd like to get the Cisco CCNA.

I've worked with Cisco switches and wireless for most of my IT career and a long time ago when starting out went onto the ICND 1&2 classroom training. At the time my employer persuaded me not to take the exam as it was more the knowledge I needed rather than the paper and as I was young at the time and brand new in the IT field I took their advice.

Fast forward 10+ years and I realise the importance of backing up your skills with certifications and the benefits it can bring to your career and to your employer.

So armed with the Todd Lammle study guide, CBT nuggets, and packet tracer I started learning. It was a bit stop start at times but I was determined to pass or at least have a shot at the exam before the year was out so after buying the Boson practice exam I booked the test.

Starting off I was only hitting the 65-75% mark in Boson which is a fail as you need more than 832 points out of 1000 to pass the test. Using the feedback from Boson to brush up on my weaker areas I tried a few more practices and started passing more consistently.

On to the 28th November the day of the exam I felt pretty confident going in. After the first 10 questions maybe not so! But after getting through all the questions with 45 mins spare it was time to find out the fate. You cannot go back to review questions on these exams so it's one go and that's it.

Pressing that end exam button to be greeted with a pass I was very happy.

Official score was 953/1000 so a pretty solid pass which I maybe didn't expect but had worked hard for.

So officially a CCENT now and after a week or two break from studying as I've got a bad cold and want to sleep I'm going to pick the book back up and make a start on 200-105 to claim the full CCNA R&S!

Comments

Popular Posts