Kicking it all off with the first post!

So after working in IT for around 12 years in a variety of roles I've decided to start up my first blog to document some of the things I do at work which are of interest and which may be of help to others. Also as a reminder in case I need to look back over tasks I have done which may come in handy at a later date.


It won't be limited to things done in work as I try to keep on top of things in my spare time by labbing new technologies and learning new skills. For example after using Cisco network devices on and off during my career I've decided it's about time I get certified in it and will be undertaking the CCENT/CCNA in due course.


Day to day I'm an IT Systems Administrator and like to focus on Networking, Virtualisation and Server management. Typically the IT Infrastructure side of things but also step in to the user support arena too at times.


My thoughts in the blog are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer and any identifying hostnames, addresses etc will be blanked out for privacy reasons. Anything done in my home labs will probably be fully open as I delete everything and start again once finished with a particular area.


Feel free to ask any questions I don't pretend to be the expert in anything and I'm happy to learn from anyone.


Thanks
James

Comments

Popular Posts